19 June 2011

My baba - The rock in my life

The first hero in any small girl's life is her dad.

He is the superman who can get anything for her.

He is the clown who can make her giggle.

He is the magician who can make all things on the earth seem possible to her.

Being an only child to my parents, my parents doted on me a lot and I grew under very protective environment, which is very natural in a small family. My dad was the strongest person on this earth for me and he could move anything and everything on this earth for me.

Right from selecting my school bag till approving my life partner for me, he has always been there as a massive rock, a massive support in my life. He came to school to fight with my teachers because they made us sit on cold floors. He came and talked to my principal about the things which were bothering many other students like me. From that time, the principal knew me very well and prayed that my father never came to school to meet her. He bought books for me and put nice and new covers for them, which smelled like heaven.

He suffered major setbacks in business, he lost all his money, he literally lost everything. He rose again, without any bitterness towards anyone. The circumstances never changed his love and care towards me and he always protected me fiercely when it came to anything related to me. He helped me a lot when I got the scholarship to go to Germany. He did the minute detailling  for the trip and also helped to do the translation course in German by arranging a student's loan. He is an excellent packer and arranger. He is excellent, when it comes to driving. He can drive any and every vehicle. He is very helpful and all people in my home town know him for his generosity and helpful nature. When we had a medical store, people came at 2 am to take medicines and he happily obliged.

When I got a good job offer from Bangalore, first he was reluctant to send me so far, but when he realized that this was going to be a chance of a life-time, he started with all the arrangements with renewed vigor and came with me to Bangalore and helped me settle there. He was there when I shifted to all the houses in Bangalore. His age was increasing, but the stamina and the interest to do everything possible under the sun for his daughter hadn't diminished a bit. 2 years ago, he had to undergo a major operation and I saw him cry in pain during that phase which I will never be able to forget. I could do nothing, but just watch him suffer. He eventually got better, but has slowed down now. His health is a major concern for me and I keep on asking him to take good care of himself from time to time.

Atul sometimes says that I have become dependent on my dad for every small thing and I can't carry out any task on my own due to his spoon feeding. But then how do I explain him the bond between a father and a daughter? He neither has had a sister in his own family to know about it and he doesn't have a daughter yet. I so very wish that we have a daughter and then he would never say the above words to me ever after. My dad is eagerly waiting for his grandchildren and has all the plans to spoil them big time.

The rock in my life has grown old and withered with time and tide, but has not moved a inch from the place where it is firmly set, i.e in my heart and my life.

Baba,  I will continue to require your emotional and physical support even if I grow 50 years old. You are the best dad in this world and I can't thank you for whatever you have done to make my life better.

Happy Father's day!!

I love you

3 comments:

  1. Superb article:-) Tears rolled down from my eyes after reading this article.. The attachment between a daughter to her parents can only be experienced. Well written !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dad is lucky to have a daughter like you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicely written mrunal, liked it!!!

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...