08 February 2012

Looking back

I am not a person who cries over time that is gone, but I would definitely like to count all the good things that happened to me in the last 7 years that I am in Bangalore.

I came to Bangalore on 23rd January 2005 for a job offered to me by a multinational called Hewlett Packard. I had done post-graduation in German, had 1 year work experience in Mumbai, had taught German at the university, but this kind of job was a first time in my life. I was going to be away for the first time from my parents and Bangalore was a new city to me with no friends or relatives. But this company gave me 2 friends for a life-time. Koustubh and Sudhir. I owe the tenure which I spent in Bangalore to them. Because they were here too, we had a wonderful time, learning and exploring new things at job. Movies, shopping, dining was a weekly ritual. We gave each other strength in tough times and shared personal problems too. Eventually we all moved out of the company, but we are still going strong! Sudhir is happily married and Koustubh is in Germany on a deputation. I am very much in Bangalore and I often think of the good times we spent together.

On a personal and a professional front, there was lady luck smiling on me in the next 2 yrs to come. I got married to my sweetheart and also got a huge break in another MNC, where my talents were explored to the core. I had to change 3 projects in 5 years, but whatever work I did, I enjoyed it to the core. There again @ work - I got good friends in Shilpa, Merlyn, Ranjani, Sumali, Snehal, Aabha, Tejaswini, John. He was the person due to whom I got back to writing and he has encouraged from time to time. I shared so many good moments of my life with them that the very thought of it makes me wonder how and why did I meet each one of them. There was a lot of give and take of information, of love, of care and it brings me a smile whenever I think of these beautiful people. We do not meet each other personally now, but we are in touch electronically. Everybody has a family and their own routines, but we catch up on things when time permits.

I have a nature which always believes in helping people with whatever little means I have and this Bangalore chapter in my life gave me a chance to be of some or the other help to many known and unknown people. And I sincerely believe that this little help has come back to me in multiplied amount. I met a few bad people here too, but then that is a part and parcel of life. Bad experiences strengthen the belief in good things and good people. Somehow God sees to it that I am never alone, when I am in need. He sends his assistant in some form or the other. The help rendered by me is returned to me in some or the other form, sometimes by a complete stranger. Strange are the ways with which God manages this whole thing. Gets me goosebumps at the very thought of it!

My husband, my parents and in-laws have been the pillars of my strength and have been instrumental in making this stint in Bangalore a very successful one. They have always encouraged me to do things which I like and to help people. I thank all my friends, well wishers in Bangalore, known and unknown ones too in making my life enriched with their good wishes, experiences and learning. And I will continue to do whatever is possible from my side to make people coming in my contact happy!

Amen!

4 comments:

  1. When I look back at my life, I must say I have been lucky to meet certain people who have enriched my experience of living and one of them would be you. I admire the way you value people in your life and treasure them. That's the reason that in your retrospection you have found several names to cherish.

    I wish you loads of happiness and am sure few years from now when you retrospect again you would have several more names to cherish and who would be cherishing you in their life too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koustubh Foujdar9 February 2012 at 05:31

    Khup Chhan!!!


    I had a very bad day at work today. I was feeling like I should talk to someone. And saw your article in the mailbox. I felt really relaxed after reading your article. It really changed my mood. It also made me review my stint of 7 years in Bangalore. Ups and downs...


    It strengthened my belief also that the little good things that we do to others come back to us when it really matters. It is nice to read something positive. I was afraid that the negativity in the atmosphere of office will bog me down. But I have hope now in positive thinking and doing good things as much as possible.


    Do keep writing and take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good Stuff !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well written dear :) Too good !!! Even i miss those days now !!!

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...