17 February 2012

Happy Birthday - Dear Blue Sky

It gives me immense pleasure to let you all know that it is exactly one year today that this blog, mine and your very own blog- The Blue Sky was created. On the same day, last year, I started penning my thoughts on this blog and penned down almost 77 write-ups. I could have made a century here, but then the thoughts behind the number are important, aren't they? I churned out write-ups, most of them were non-fiction, real incidents which were really close to my heart. I mostly wrote about people and then about my observations, my interpretations on such people and incidents. I thank you all, my readers and supporters to have spent some time on my blog by stopping by.

There are a few people due to whom I am still writing and without whose mention, this birthday celebration would be incomplete:

My first and foremost critic, first reader of my write-up, my friend, John, without whom, I would have never started writing this blog. He takes time from his busy schedule and comments on my posts whenever he can. He himself writes 2 blogs, loves cooking and reading is his favorite activity.

My friends from office, Aabha, Snehal, Tejaswini, Shilpa - Thank you gals for giving me the encouragement to continue writing on whatever I feel like. You have appreciated every little nonsense I have written on this blog.

My mavshi, based in US, Anjali Karandikar, who is a regular reader of my posts does not make herself visible on the blog though, but mails me her comments regularly and expresses her likes and dislikes regarding the same.

My parents, my mom-in-law, my buddies Milind Jog, Mandar Joshi, Koustubh, Sudhir, my buddies from HP and brother-in-law Shreyas, who have been the regular targets of everything I have written so far. Sorry people, you had no choice, but to read whatever I sent you. But yes, I know, whatever appreciation and comments, you gave me, have come directly from your heart.

Swati Apte, Dr. Prasad Akolkar, close friends of mine, who were once frequenters on my blog, have not been able to devote much time to read my blog off late. But then, I understand that everybody has a schedule and whenever they will have the time and inclination, they will come back and give their feedback to my write-ups.

A blogger by the name "We have a solution" - is a regular reader of my blog. If you read this write-up, please I would like to know who you are. I want to thank you for your candid comments and can't do it unless I know the name behind your blog name "We have a solution".

Dear Madhuri Dabke Kulkarni, who is my sister-in-law, but more like a friend. She has been regularly following my blog in her hectic schedule of office work and taking care of my cute little nephew, Anuraag at home.

Last and not the least, my dear, my dearest, my hubby, Atul. He quietly reads everything I write, but never expresses that he liked or disliked a particular thing. Anytime, I ask him, how he liked or hated a particular write-up, he never has anything negative to say! He always says that every write-up, I write is good! I wonder, if it is out of fear that I will get angry/sad if he says the truth or out of love that he never condemns whatever I write :D I choose to believe the second possibility.

All other people, who visit my blog, by chance or deliberately, who read an article or two and leave - Thank you all for taking time from your busy schedule to read something that might have interested you.



7 comments:

  1. Wow!!! One year and 77 posts!!!

    It must be a great feeling to see 77 different and interesting thoughts in your words that kind of summarised 77 different days of your life in the last one year.

    I wish you all the good wishes to continue writing and pen more of your thoughts, in coming days, and keep your readers happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. मृणालिनी,
    तुझ्या ब्लॉग-प्रकल्पाच्या वर्धापन दिनानिमित्त तुझं हार्दिक अभिनंदन!
    अगं, तुझ्या या लिखाणावर मी नेहमीच लक्ष ठेवून असतो. आता ती माझी एक आंतरजालीय वाचनाची सवय झालेली आहे.
    'The Blue Sky' च्या पुढील वाटचालीस मनापासून शुभेच्छा!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday - "Blue Sky".... :-) WoW 77 Post in 1 year.. Good job dear... More to gooo !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B'day ! Waiting for many more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sanghamitra Gupta28 February 2012 at 11:34

    Not for the person Mrunalini… but for the blue sky Mrunalini

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to congratulate you

    Heartiest congrats. Long live The Blue Sky and may it always prove to be the savior and as de-stressor as it always is in our hectic schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday blue sky...though belated....n congratulations to u too mrunal...keep gng...

    even though i dont get time to read ur blog regularly nowadays, its always a pleasure to read ur write ups....it refreshes me...my thoughts, my day...
    n after opening the blog after almost 2 months, i realized the same thing...yesss it is refreshing to read....
    waiting for the century....sachin chya adhi tuzi hou de...:)

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...