03 March 2011

Aage badho

I had a bad day today..

Seriously..

My maid left me in lurch in the morning after I paid her the salary yesterday for last month. She wouldn't even take my call to tell me the reason for her sudden exit like this. She left me wondering, am I that bad or unimportant that she wouldn't even feel like talking to me? I have to now think of an alternate maid who comes in the morning before I go to office. So, it was not a very pleasant feeling to start the day with.

I went to the office and god knows why I thought of installing the MS Office 2007 version on my laptop and while doing so, I lost all the data in the sub-folders which I had created. I searched everything possible on earth to get them back and so did the IT guy, but just couldn't retrieve anything. My blood pressure rose and head started aching.

To make it even more exciting, I got an esclation mail for a certain document which I had translated. The reviewer was not very happy with the choice of vocabulary I had used and so I had to spend 2 good hours on that document to make it the way he wanted it.

At 5 pm, I just couldn't take it anymore.

I went for tea to the cafeteria with my dear friend Tejaswini and while sipping tea, it suddenly struck me..

Why the heck am I ruining my mood and health for something over which I do not have control?

Yes, all this while I was reacting in a very negative way to these so-called challenges which posed before me today, out of the blue. Instead of brooding over why it happened and how it happened, I should move ahead and take care that these things do not happen in future (I am talking here about the office problems in specific). Escalations do happen and we ought to learn out of them and not get sad and resign from our lives. It is actually not that bad, I thought., it is not the end of the world. In life, instead of getting stuck on what happened in the past, one should look forward to the present and the future and avoid repeating the same mistakes of the past.

Stumbling, falling, getting hurt and then getting up with determination to move ahead bravely are all different phases in life which make us tough and strong which make us ready to face any challenge with smile and confidence.

I said to myself and patted on my back, oye koi gal nahi, bade bade shehro main, aisi choti choti cheeze hoti rahti hain, aage badho, aage badhne ka naam hi zindagi hai!!

kya khayaal hai doston?  

8 comments:

  1. So true Mrunalini. Just last week was talking to my friend who is getting divorced. She was opening her mind with me. To console her I said, ‘Apla Janma challenges face karun kahitari shiknya sathich zala ahe. He problems or challenges naste tar apla janmach zala nasta.. Apan swargat basun chain keli asti’. 1 problem sampala ki dusra darat ubhaCh asnar, hya tayarit rahaicha mhanje mag tras nahi hot.
    Being single, I know it’s very easy for me to say or think like this. And problems never come one –by-one. They are always found in bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!!!! Don’t brood!! Move on!!! Tht’s the mantra of life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome..apt for everybody..I could actually imagine you fidgeting… keep in mine AaLL is well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gr8 going dost :) Happy to see you back with your dazzling smile after yesterday’s happening..Don't lose this never ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... why break your head over something you are not in control of. That said, it's when we bother a lot about situations around us we tend to attract more bad situations to breed. Remember "The Secret" theory.
    In bet, great to see your blog page posted with something new every now and then. It's always a delight to read a new write up on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is one beautiful rule of 90:10, which says - "We spent out 90% energy and efforts on those 10% things over which we don't have control"

    The day we start spending our 90% time and energy on those 90% things which are in our control, see the difference.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...