02 July 2019

The magic of Mantras and devotional songs!

How good things happen at the right time in our lives when we need them the most?

Who can explain why it happens? How it happens? Why it happens?

I am not a religious person or someone who stands in front of God and prays. But something came my way which changed me completely and brought me down (from being emotionally charged up and tensed).

Off late, I was desperate to seek some peace of mind, some solace, some freedom from the constant compulsive thoughts that were making me feel sad and down. After my mother-in-law left, I was back to my duty of putting T to sleep in his bedroom. His daily routine while on bed include Ram Raksha, Maruti Stotra and a beautiful song sung by Ms. Padmaja Phenani. It's about Shri Swami Samarth and it gives a lot of power and peace when you listen to it. It challenges the mind to be free of doubts and be free from fear as Shri Swami Samarth himself is by our side to guide us in all walks of life.

Listen to that song here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhchG7fO46s


With lights off and in an unwinding mood, this song works wonders and T dozes off to sleep before it gets completed.

I listen to it with him every night now.

After this song, the next in turn is the Japa of Shri Ram Jai Jai Ram. It's about an hr long and I play it now regularly once a day in my home. It creates a wonderful atmosphere inside my head and outside too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmphBV0GyIY&t=2595s


Yesterday, I spoke to my mom at length and she mentioned about one more song and how she and also my grandmother and a few others have now started listening to it regularly and singing along. It was again related to Lord Rama. And she is an ardent follower and believer in him. I searched for it on the Internet and immediately found a video of that song which shows different forms and qualities of Lord Rama. I literally went into a trance and forgot everything that was going around in my life. There were only positive thoughts and feelings if any. But most of the time, the mind's slate was blank. I listened to it quite a few times yesterday and I searched for its lyrics on the net and found a very nice blog entry on one of the blogs. I copied it on a Word document and now shall sing it too.

This song came to me at the right time. My maternal grandfather, grandmother, my mother are devotees of Shri Ram and it had to come to me and T some time or the other. We both found our ways to each other, I can say. Lord Rama sought me and I sought him. There are no questions in my mind now. There is only calmness and positivity which is just like magic and can't really be explained in words. One has to listen to it to experience the positivity it creates and spreads.

Listen to that song here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4dq7w2kslc&list=PL1UyFvGq_k9o1Zi2O9PTIWPPvIrgtCK2D&index=3&t=0s



It has been proven time and again, our ancient scriptures, mantras, japas have been instrumental in creating awareness, positivity, peace of mind and in turn making us into better human beings.

Shri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram!

श्री राम जय राम जय जय राम!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...