29 March 2019

Picture Challenge - 7

The last couple of weeks have been hectic. We are celebrating an Indian festival on 7th April and we are preparing for it in a very traditional manner. I am participating with others in folk dance and to sing a song. Every weekend I have to take T for kids yoga practice and I have my own practice too. Everybody is so charged up and enthusiastically working towards making the event a success. We have already reached a count of 100 visitors and we are sure that we will rock the show. So in all this, I didn't have time to write. John had sent me this image a couple of days back, but I could take out time only now, towards the end of a very busy month. So what challenge did John give me this time?
It's this:


I am sure, he captured this on his trip to India. Either in Bangalore or Bhubaneshwar. Where does the dog in other countries have the luxury to sit like this, basking in the sun, thinking about his life, lost in meditation or contemplating on this?

I wonder,
I wonder,
What has happened to human beings?

They fight, they break, they tear off things, they fake,
They steal, they kill, they rob and fill.

They rule others, they make and then break,
They create wealth and destroy nature-given treasures.

Money, luxury, wealth is now primary in their life,
Bonds, ties, love, helping and caring for each other is
now a distant thing.

I wonder,
I wonder,
What has happened to human beings?

Mobile screens and the virtual world is now where they stay,
They like on Facebook, Follow on Instagram, chat and play video games

Self-centered and selfish, becoming distant
they have now lost contact with the real world around them

I wonder,
I wonder sometimes,

Is the human race coming to us?
Is the human race really going to the dogs?

1 comment:

  1. Funny is the Human Race that sees other species as menial while it's degrading itself each passing day.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...