02 March 2019

Blog Marathon accomplished

I successfully completed the Blog Marathon which I challenged myself to take up. I started on 1st February and wrote throughout the month till 28th February. It was for the first time ever since I started blogging that I took something like this up. 28 days of successive posts on various topics. I lay bare my feelings of happiness, loneliness, excitement and a varied canvas of experiences. I wrote poems in English and Hindi, which I had never ever attempted before. I wish I had written something in my mother-tongue, Marathi. Maybe I should try to do it consciously in the coming months.


Thank you, Anuradha, John, Ajita, Aabha, my mom and many others whom I might not know for regularly reading my posts and encouraging me to always continue writing. Writing is like a catharsis for me. Sitting alone at home brings so many negative and self-deprecating thoughts, but writing helped me release all my anguish and pain. I won't stop writing now come what may.

I was also busy following up with people to contribute for the other blog, Antarang - The Shades of Life, which I collaborate together with Anagha Mahajan from Stuttgart.

Have you checked it out yet?

Check it out here:

Antarang - The Shade of Life

And I have also created a Facebook Page Antarang-The Shades of Life. I am off Facebook from my normal profile, but only to promote our blog and increase the reach of the blog among audiences, I hit upon this idea and worked towards it over the weekend.

Do like the page and write to us in case you have anything to send us to publish. We publish on every 1st of each month and we also send the links to each writer about their posts on the blog. We plan to encourage many such women who always wanted to write, but didn't get any platform till now. It's a blog of women, for women and by women. Mothers, mother-in-law, sisters, sister-in-law, aunts, cousins all are welcome.

Write, express, read and be read!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...