07 January 2019

Coincidences

I have always believed that every day that you experience, brings you some or the other surprise if you keep your eyes and hearts open. And they may be sometimes pleasant and sometimes unpleasant. Something happens which you haven't imagined and you are left astounded by the very circumstances. Something similar happened to me recently and it is related to my mother's school friend who turned out to be the mother-in-law of a very good friend whom I met here in Karlsruhe. Can you imagine? Read along to get pleasantly surprised and I am sure it will bring a smile to your face.

I have recently become active in MMK, Maharashtra Mandal (a community of people who speak my mother-tongue) in Karlsruhe. We had a very successful event during Diwali in November and the core team met again to discuss the impressions and feedback about the program. On that evening at another friend's place, I was listening to this friend's husband when he spoke about his whereabouts in India and two words, "Girgaon" and "Konkan" stuck with me the whole time. He had a connection with these two places in Mumbai and the western coastline of India. I also have a connection with these 2 places, I thought. My grandmother (mom's mother) stays in Girgaon and I have spent all my summer vacations during the school years with her. And Konkan region is very near and dear to me as it is where my mom's grandmother, i.e. my great grandmother lived. I had to return early that evening and hence I didn't have time to discuss this with my friend and her husband.

I pinged my friend's husband the next day and told him about my connection to these places too and we both spoke for some time about our respective mothers who we realized, belonged to the same place, Girgaon and went to the same school and turned out to be classmates! How cool was that! The kids of long lost friends met each other and became good friends in Karlsruhe, Germany, some 7000 km away from Mumbai. My friend and her family were going to India on a visit and we arranged a meeting of our respective mothers.

Our mothers hadn't met since they passed out of college in the early '70s. There was no internet or Whatsapp or Facebook then. They got married, lost touch with each other and stayed all their lives very close to each other in towns called Kalyan and Dombivli, but never met until last week. Both were very happy to see each other and I am sure they would have become nostalgic thinking of the good times they spent with each other. My mother narrated to me later how happy she was to meet her friend and my friend and her family as well. It was a nice reunion and I am sure they both will cherish it for years to come.

Co-incidences of these type often happen with my mom. She meets my boss in a supermarket when she visited me in Stuttgart. My boss hadn't ever met her before and my boss could recognize her as my mother in the supermarket. My mom and I look similar, but this experience was very uncanny. My mom meets my friends or the mother of my students randomly on a train or a shared bus while traveling to some city. When I was in Magdeburg, Germany in 2002 on a scholarship, my host mother took me to her school where she was a teacher and there I met the college mate of my German professor who taught me during MA in Mumbai. They had studied together at the University and later lost contact. I took her contact email and gave it to my professor. She was elated and they both got in touch after many many years.

I came upon some interesting articles while searching for a suitable image for my topic today. It might be interesting to you as well. The links are as follows:

https://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/coincidence-meaning-synchronicity/

http://www.womenme.com/Coincidences_and_Cosmic_Energy

I often think that coincidences are a signal from above. There is definitely some purpose behind meeting people randomly, out of the blue. We meet for a brief period maybe but there is definitely some give and take, some experience and life sharing involved. What do you think?

Do you remember any such co-incidences in your life? Would love to hear them. Do put them in the comments.


(Image Source: From the article http://www.womenme.com/Coincidences_and_Cosmic_Energy)

5 comments:

  1. I too believe there is always a reason for people to meet even if it means meeting for a moment. What a thought! We just think but you have put everything into words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khupach chaan! I truly believe in coincidences. There is definitely some purpose behind meeting people randomly, out of the blue. We meet for a brief period maybe but there is definitely some give and take.. very very true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kay chaan lihile aahes ga!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anuradha Govil Kulkarni8 January 2019 at 10:23

    I am in awe of you.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...