26 April 2016

Blog Marathon Post 1 - Just another day



Our next blog marathon was supposed to start yesterday, from Monday 26.04.2016. My friend John had asked me about it on Friday itself and I had happily agreed without thinking whether I will be able to do it or not. I took my writing skills and my brain for granted. 


I had thought I would just be able to start writing whenever I want to and whatever I want to. The hitch was I completely forgot about the blog marathon. The promise didn’t even flash once in front of my eyes. After finishing my work at office, I shut down the PC and then it rang in my head. Tada! We were supposed to start the blog marathon today! But had no inclination to again open the PC and sit staring at it wondering what to write, especially when my 4 year old was back home! He would have been more than happy to disturb me while I am at the computer and would have asked me to put his favorite “Peppa Pig” on YouTube and would have spent hours seeing it. I detest it when kids spend time in front of the screen for more than half an hour at one go. So, I took him out to play with his friends and brought him back at 7 pm. He got his friends along as it was raining outside! And they created a ruckus as always. But now for his age, he also readily obliged to clean up the mess after help was offered from his friends and their mothers.

It rained last evening after almost 2 months. It rains every time it gets hot in Bangalore. What a relief it was to experience an evening without mosquito bites and scorching heat. It was cool, windy and then it rained a little. It was not a great rainfall as it was expected of the clouds that were seen in the sky. But nevertheless, it brought down the temperature, albeit a little. It was pleasant at night to sleep. Or else even keeping fan at 3 is not sufficient. I sweat a lot throughout the night and can’t have peaceful and undisturbed sleep. It was after many days that I slept very nicely and also saw lot of dreams! Even when I lay on my bed and checked my last mail which was from John where he had shared his first blog marathon entry, I said sorry to him for completely forgetting about the blog marathon and vowed to have a fresh start tomorrow and write 2 posts compensating for the one I missed yesterday.

So the first one is already penned down which has nothing great to talk or discuss about. It is just a mundane topic. But nevertheless, it is a blog entry kicking off the blog marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...