16 October 2014

Happy 35th



2 weeks ago, I completed 35 years of my beautiful life on this earth.

35 looks like a simple number, but it has many hidden meanings. It is often considered as a sign signifying end of youth and beginning of old age. One has to worry about his health and expenses to cover them as now the energy saps and diseases start dwelling in the bodies. But for me, 35 is just a number and I am sure many of my friends will agree on this.


One continues to live till he breathes. One continues to achieve till he believes he can. Age should make you more mature and more understanding and you should be able to see the world with a broader perspective. Rather than indulging in petty fights and gossips, one should engage in some constructive work for the society at large. One should take care of their bodies, primarily, health in a very diligent ways. Rather as middle age approaches, one must regularly exercise, eat properly and well and take up a hobby which gives mental peace and satisfaction. It will also prepare a person for life after retirement and one would not feel lonely once the kids grow up and leave the house for further studies or settle elsewhere.
  
Now that it was my birthday, I made some resolutions for the next one year for my personal fulfillment. 

I want to join yoga classes and regularly go for a walk. 

I want to teach German to the kids in my building during their vacations.

I want to support toy libraries by making them a common term in every household. The kids would not get bored with their own toys and the money that goes into buying new toys every time would be reduced drastically.

I want to attend a workshop which will teach me basics of writing. I have already approached ‘The Bangalore Writer’s Workshop’ (more about it in my next blog post) and they have agreed to admit me there for the weekend courses and I am highly excited about it.

I want to read a lot, travel a lot and gain experiences in Rajasthan, Gujarat and the Himalayas.

I want to once visit Hemalkasa, the abode of the Dr. Prakash Amte and contribute in my own way to their magnificent work.  A post on these humane personalities is on my mind too!

The list goes on and on. The next one year is going to witness a lot of changes in my life and I am sure they are going to make me a better human being with the challenges and questions which life will throw at me. With the love and blessings of my parents, grandparents, wonderful friends, I will continue the quest of knowing myself and others in a better way and will try to make the world around me a better place to live. I will try to embrace positive spirit more profusely and help others to be positive.

And yes, the duty of full time working mother will always give me strength and courage to achieve my goals. A smile or hug from my little son will cheer me up!
 

2 comments:

  1. मृणालिनी,
    वर्धानपन दिनस्य हार्दा: शुभाशया:!
    वाढदिवसाच्या हार्दिक शुभेच्छा!
    जन्मदिन की हार्दिक शुभ कामनायें!
    सालगिरह मुबारक!
    सालगिरहदी लख लख वधाईयां!
    हर्ज्लिशेन ग्ल्यूक वुंश झूम गेबुर्स्टाक!
    ह्यापी बड्डे!
    (अर्थात सारे विलंबित)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can say belated Happy b'day and wish you wonderful years ahead... please accept my wishes yet again. At least this post should have been read on the right day :-(

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...