06 August 2014

Friendship Day



Friendship day has come and gone. Like every other year.

I am miles away from my best friends, but close to their hearts and in their thoughts and prayers, I am sure. The crazy friendship bands have got lost somewhere, the silly gifts also ruled out, and personal meetings, way too hassled. It is just the technology now which is keeping us together. Whtsapp messenger, Facebook and mails are the forums which we resort to when we want to ‘talk’ to our friends. They are just one call away, but do we call each other and hear the voice of each other? No. Pinging is easier than calling now. 

My mom meets her friends of 30 years even today. They have small celebrations now and then. Most of them are grannies now, but still the bond continues to thrive. My dad is a loner in that case. He doesn’t have any close friends except the people who work in his office. And my parents are my best friends too. I can tell them anything and everything. Same is the case with my mother-in-law. She is someone who enjoys every moment in her life. I have never seen her crib or sad in these 8 years of my association to her. I derive my strength and energy from my friends, who are in India. A few to name are John, Milind, Koustubh, Aabha, Sonali, Snehal, Mrunal, Tejaswini, Mandar, Rahul, Shreyas and many others. I developed a close friendship with Arpita and Shweta, Prajakta in Germany. We help each other to keep going in life and we share every small and trivial thing in our lives. I feel hugely indebted to them that they have kept in touch with me for all these years. This really means a lot to me. 

At a time, when I had a huge negative self-image, my parents and Atul have helped me to form a positive self image and transform myself into a cheerful personality. I will never forget the surge of happiness and strength when Atul decided to spend his life with me. He hasn’t changed a bit in these years. His indomitable spirits keeps him and in turn me and Tanay going. He shields and protects us from troubles and always makes a wise decision ( He wouldn’t agree that marrying me was a wise decision haha) J

Friends are my chosen family and hence the bonds I foster with them will definitely be a source of inspiration and love all our lives.  Whether we meet personally or digitally is not important in this technology driven world, but the feeling of being and belonging together thrives in our hearts all the time definitely is!

Here’s a toast to all my friends for a good, healthy and cheerful life and let our bond grey with us.
Amen!


1 comment:

  1. Belated Happy Friendship day to you too Mrunalini... I am lucky to have a friend like you who senses when things are wrong with me and never letting this friendship be lost irrespective of time zone differences, geographical separations or work-life commitments :-)

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...