19 August 2014

Book Spine Poetry # 1


The concept of book spine poetry appeared in 1993 with Nina Katchadourian’s Sorted Books project. Katchadourian began collecting interesting titles and arranging them in clusters so the spines could be read like a sentence.

Thanks to Uma Chellappa for introducing this wonderful piece of creative writing on her blog. Check it out here.
 
 
 
The second post of hers set me thinking and since last 24 hours, I am trying to find some time to sit and write something of this sort.

Finally, after a deliberate attempt, I am ready with my maiden attempt at Book Spine poetry.  My mother-in-law, who is currently visiting me, also helped me with it.

Let me know how you like it.



 
The Notebook
(of) the pilot's wife
(unravelled) the Secret
(of) revolution 2020
(created by) the jewels of the sun
 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. wow..that's a good one, Mrunalini! Great first attempt and thanks for the credit too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrunalini,
    I stumped upon your blog from Preeti's blog and I am so glad I did.. I read a lot of your posts. Just like you. I am an indian moved to Germany few months ago..I can completely relate to your posts on the Kita, Netto, daily commute etc..
    It's altogether different world here..would love to know some more of your experiences..
    Thanks,
    Brish

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...