22 August 2011

Expect the unexpected

Nothing happens in life as we want. You would find every single person complaining like this.

Is it always so?

If I ask 10 people, 9 would reply in affirmation saying yes, that’s right! Nothing happens in our lives as we had expected. I am also one of those 9 people who would happily agree to the fact that they are challenges in every walk of life which we lead and not always things happen as we want them to.

But then what will be the fun if life was predictable and we knew all that was coming our way or saw in advance what was going to happen in our life? We would lose all our strength and vigor to fight it out and just become a character which just follows the script of a serial! Though many of you might argue with me on how we are mere puppets in the hands of god and destiny and how we just come and play our parts here. But also while playing your parts; have you given your 200% to that role? Do you believe in yourself and that role so much that God would be compelled to say, arre iske jaisa to aur koi ho hi nahi sakta!!!

I was waiting eagerly for my rating communication even this year. I was not expecting something great because from my previous experiences, I learnt a good lesson and gave up expecting anything good or bad. But when the news broke to me and I realized that I have done well and have got a good rating and that my work was appreciated, it made me happy and also set me thinking.

There should be chances like these in our lives where something unexpected comes up and strengthens our belief in ourselves and that god and destiny and gives us and the people around us a lot of happiness and positive spirti. So, all what I want to say is that we should keep our hearts open and welcome unexpected things which in turn always have something or the other to teach us!

4 comments:

  1. Really nice...if something good happens when not unexpected, it reinforces our faith in us and life. When the opposite happens, only the best in a man gets him through. Thought provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a good rating and appreciation. Needless to say you deserved it but as you mentioned, it's good not to expect anything and let the unexpected bring in the happiness and strength that we always want.

    Nice post... I loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just loved the post..Hearty congratulations to u:-)Even I too believe “except the unexpected” as you have written in this post. When it happens it really raise our strength & belief become strong towards our self & the universal power. It’s just the matter of “TIME”. Which plays a major part in our life. Till than just give our best & rest live it to almighty. Too good dear!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rightly said. Many people think they have a very optimistic attitude in life. But somewhere deep inside they too are many times pessimistic. Life is full of surprises, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Bad or negative things do leave a permanent scratch which sometimes cannot be replaced. But good things we forget to treasure which is the biggest problem.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...