14 April 2011

Mrunalini - from my perspective

I met Mrunalini rather let me say saw her nearly two years back. She used to travel in the same bus that I used to board for office. At first glance she was just another lady in the bus, but after few days she seemed to be someone known. I always ignore my intuition and they always come true. Well she wasn’t known to me before but she turned out to be someone I can say I know very well and happy to know too.

We started speaking when we had a common pick up point. I wouldn't generally talk to people, and I never used to talk to her either. We started with queries for the bus and exchanging smiles and then one day we spoke bit more and exchanged our AIM ID. That was the true beginning of our friendship. Technology really brings people closer!!! Soon we found out our common interest in writing. She is good writer, though I would say she has been and would need to work on her presentation of thoughts in her writing. When I say she is good, I mean she has good ideas and does bring the ideas across to the reader well. I would like to see her published one day and hence always feel, to reach that stage, she need to put in more effort on her presentation of ideas.

Our interest started matching in books, music and movies. Very few people in my life share such varied interests of mine. I guess that's what has helped us maintain our friendship strong and going. But while the commonness of views brings in compatibility, the differences have their roles too.

Though we share varied interests, we differ on lots of things, I love cooking, she isn't much of a kitchen person. She has energy and zeal to join language classes, aerobics and make candles while I just appreciate it and feel happy to see what all she does. I am just too lazy and laid back to take up so many things. It might not sound good to her, but I feel she is bit conservative at times while I break all barriers when it comes to attain something. There are many more but we bond strongly. People are meant to be different from each other someway or other else it would be boring meeting and knowing people. What would be new then to discover and learn when we all are same? Well in her differences with me Mrunalini has shown me few things of life.

Her zeal to be happy - though she says I have some contribution in this new found zeal; I never realized how and when I did so. But seeing her writing, attending various classes, I do get the feeling of doing something too. Laid back being my nature, I do little but at least I do now.

I respect the family values she carries with her, even though I am not much of a family person. Her attitude towards her duty and the penchant for making friends are something that I always admire. There's always something to learn from others especially when the other person has something different from you. In Mrunalini I find such differences that I would like to imbibe in myself someday.

Last but not the least, there’s a strong common ground where both of us respect and give importance to this friendship. I being a person who wouldn’t think a second time to leave out people who maintain relations that are not genuine, this friendship would stay forever, for I see my friend genuine and honest to this friendship.

Be happy be merry always Mrunalini.

John Jethi

1 comment:

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...