24 February 2017

6 years and counting

I took a long break, a really long one.

My last post was in July 2016. I missed writing on so many things in past months. So much has happened, so much has changed for good, and so much has just gone by unaccounted or unwritten.
I did a few more Marathons. I went to a picnic with my girlfriends and their kids and spent one night in Banergatta Jungle Lodges. We all had a ball of time. I went to my home town with my son for Ganpati festival and relaxed and chilled there and shopped a lot. Then my mother in law and her mother came to stay over for a few days and it was amusing to have 4 generations under one roof. Not a single day was there any sulking or not a day passed without all of us laughing and blowing off the roof. Diwali was celebrated with my father who came especially for that. Then we had a Christmas celebration with friends and kids and there was a New Year Celebration in my apartment, which I helped organize. My son and his friends performed on a song in the Celebration and it was a huge success. And all this was along with my office work which I do from home and my regular work out which I haven’t missed since May 2015. I can't bring back all those thoughts and memories, but all these events were worth mentioning which have helped me to shape my days.

In the meanwhile, I missed the 6th birthday of my blog. It was on 17th February 2011 that I first published my post. Thanks to John, who inspired me to start blogging. We did a couple of Blog Marathons and then he got busy and so did I and we completely lost touch with writing regularly. He recently shifted to Canada and I hope to catch up with him as soon as he is settled there and ready to share and write. So here’s wishing me and the Blue Sky a very happy 6th birthday. We both have a long way to go and we have a lot more to share and write and inspire one and all.

The period 2011 to 2017 was immense. A shift from a wife and a daughter to a mother. It brought a huge change in my life. I had ups and downs, I had mood swings, I had weight issues, I became sissy and could cry on any given situation and then there was a deputation to Germany which brought many good and bad memories together. I choose to forget the bad times and focus on good times. After coming back to India in 2015, I took charge of my health with ample support from my parents. And after that there has been no looking back. I have grown stronger and more flexible and more giving. All these curves and phases are evident if I have a look at the blog posts starting from 2011. It's as if my life is covered in my blog. My thought process, the changes that underwent in me, my life as a person, as a mother are all right here in the blog. The experiences, the good and the bad, the eye-openers, the topics that made me retrospect, think and look at myself and my life in a different light are all put out there in my blog.

There should be an automatic process which translates thoughts into writing long beautiful blog posts, isn't it? I would be so helpful for people like me who are pressed for time, but want to write. One has to make time if he really wants to do something. And my schedule right now is such that even 24 hours are less for me and I would want another life-time to sit and relax and read and do nothing and do no thinking about tomorrow' breakfast or office work or my son's schedule. It is wishful thinking isn't it? But yes, maybe someday I would sit by the beach, celebrating 25th birthday of my blog and writing about some topic close to my heart, with just the sound of waves and the blue sky above me with no worry about tomorrow.

Oh yes, I am looking forward!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for starting off the blog marathon again. I am sorry to have stopped midway but I am determined to start again once few bonging things are settled.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...