09 July 2013

The 'my' time

After coming to Germany, in 3 months, we did about 2-3 trips in and around Germany. 

Tanay and my mother-in-law and my husband carried it off well. They had the zeal and enthusiasm and the energy to explore new places and try out new things. But I played a spoilsport there. I lack the energy to walk miles and miles without having food. I am a lazy person when it comes to doing some physical activity. It is also the problem of hypo-thyroidism, due to which I hardly have any stamina. I get tired easily when I walk for half an hour at a stretch. Thanks to the post-pregnancy lethargy and my activity-less life-style, I have completely thrown my life to the dogs. But I got up a wake up call when my hubby declared that he will not go for any trip with me henceforth as he doesn't enjoy my sulking and tired demeanour and I can't enjoy his active planning. I felt very bad, but I had to get over it. But he had a point. Why would he spoil his week ends with a dull and tired and unenthusiastic me? He rather do what he enjoys, e.g. cycling and I better take charge of my life and get back on track.

An opportunity came knocking when I got a mail about Zumba dance classes in my mailbox at office. I read about it on google and was quite excited about it. I decided to join it and immediately signed myself up. The classes would be conducted in office, once a week for one hour to begin with. If I like it, I plan to join some classes nearby my home. To increase my stamina, I have decided to go walking on weekends for at least an hour with Tanay and his pram, so that I also learn to manage him on my own when we both go out. Walking on week days in summer also should not be a great hassle, but then it depends on when I come back from work and how Tanay is placed with his meal timings etc. My mom has suggested me some supplements and nutrients along with the diet, so that I get full nutrition and can lead a healthy and enriched life. I will also start taking them soon. I do not eat non-vegetarian food though being in Germany. Germany has a huge platter of non-vegetarian stuff ranging from all animals to sea food. My hubby spares no chance in telling me that all my ill-health is due to the lack of it. I just nod and smile and eat what I like. I think, at least, the choice of what I should eat should be left to me; we stay in a democratic and free country, don't we? I had my own moral reasons to give up eating non-vegetarian food and I shall stand by it, even if I land up in Tundra region and have nothing to eat.

I have also decided to sign up for cycling classes, if they are available around. Staying in Mumbai, I hadn't had any chance of riding a bicycle and now I repent it a lot. I see so many people merrily riding here and there and there is so much to explore in Germany on a bicycle. There is no age for learning and hence even if half of you people reading this laugh at me, it is ok. I am going to start learning it now, nevertheless! I have joined a library and need to seriously take up the reading activity, though 15 minutes daily, but I need to be regular so that it slowly becomes a habit.

Here, I am in a country, which offers 100 opportunities to groom your own self, to spend time with your own self, to explore and learn new things and achieve something for one’s happiness and in turn feel enriched and fulfilling. Coming here and not learning the importance of 'my' time is an insult to the culture here. So that's the plan people.

Wish me luck!! 

1 comment:

  1. I agree... when there are opportunities to do things and there are no restrictions in pursuing something different, you must add a new flavour to life.

    Enjoy the Zumba classes!

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...