29 July 2013

Bad Urach

Contemplating on where to head for the week-end, I was in a fix and was not willing to travel by train for 2-3 hours with Tanay and my mom. My dear friend and colleague, Suniti, also badly wanted to go out badly and not stay at home during the weekend. She wanted to visit some water spot and I did not wanted the travel time to stretch beyond an hour.

Bad Urach - The name seemed little strange, but we decided to go for it. "Bad" in the German language is Spa/health resort/public baths. So it was obvious that this place had lots of spas and water bodies. And yes! When we landed there, we got to know that there is a waterfall nearby and we all got excited to see it. Tanay had his food just when we landed and then he slept off in the pram. Suniti, myself and mom started heading towards the waterfall which was 2 kms away from the railway station.



The path was very beautiful!!On one side, there were mountains, wearing green tufts and caps and on the other side, there was water flowing with a beautiful rthym, making hustling and bustling sound. The water was clean and clear and cold and we drank a lot of it. It helped us to compensate for the energy we lost while walking in the sun. We reached the spot from where there were 150 steps, which we had to climb and then could see the source of the waterfall. As there were steps and pram couldn't be carried up, mom stayed down and Suniti and I headed upwards. I was surprised by my energy in climbing the steps. I did not get worn out or did not fret in this beautiful surrounding. There was so much of greenery and coolness around that it naturally got onto me. I felt extremely relaxed and in the frenzy, climbed up within no time. The sight there was overwhelming! The water drops were touching our bodies and the souls. The purity and the calmness touched me and tears welled up in my eyes. I managed to climb those 150 steps without huffing and straining myself. I am slowly building up the stamina and the energy to cover good distances by walking and I will get there one day. There will be a day when I will have walked 10 kms and wouldn't have got tired. I am aiming for it and I will surely achieve it. Suniti and I clicked some pictures of the nature there, though whatever we observed and absorped with our eyes and soul can't be captured in any machine. But as a momento, it was good for me to look at it and plan for the next trip somewhere!



We came down and sat with Tanay and then my mom went up. Being a trekker, she climbed within no time and came down quickly too. We sat at that spot for some more time, observing the peace around and the people who were coming to that spot. There were families, couples, friends who were eager to get close to the natural beauty and the tranquility it contained. Though that spot was hosting so many people, it didn't get dirty or noisy once. We all were satisfied on our decision to have selected this spot and to have actually come here, though with a little hesitation. But it was worth it! On our way back, we had a nice coffee and cake and pampered ourselves by picking up strawberries from the fieds nearby.

It was a fulfilling and satisfying Saturday trip!!


2 comments:

  1. Ah! Sounds like a weekend well spent. How I wish I have company to make such short fulfilling trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tejaswini Sikka1 August 2013 at 14:17

    Cool dear !!! Finally you had a funfilled & relaxed weekend :-) Keep going girly !!!

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...