11 May 2012

My bundle of joy

The months of March and April have been truly a roller coaster ride.

I couldn't write much in these 2 months.

Reason..

I was eagerly waiting for my bundle of joy.. Contemplating, whether it is going to be a girl or a boy and how will the baby look and things like that.

My baby arrived in my hands on 7th April, 3-4 days before the due date. Due to some complications, I had to be operated and the chances of normal delivery dwindled all together. Nevertheless, the baby was safe and sound and was doing well. Doctors found him cool, just like his dad, I said!

On his arrival at home, after 4 days, whole house was revolving around him. It took me time to realize that finally the wait is over and that I have finally become a mother. As I was operated, I couldn't take care of my baby in a full fledged manner. I had lot of restrictions on diet and my movements were also restricted a lot. My mom in law took the entire responsibility on her shoulders and showed me how to take care of small small things of this little one. My parents were always by my side in all this initial stage of the baby's arrival. We all got used to him and most important was he settled quickly with us as if he was meant to be here with us, all the time!

I am still learning, evolving as a new mother. He is my teacher, he smiles and laughs just like that, cries like this world is going to sink now. He hates massage and bath, loves to listen us talk and sing to him.

I will write more about him in the coming posts. He has just turned 1 month old and I am sure there are lot of things to come in future.

1 comment:

  1. congrats..........nice reading frm u after a gap.........wud luv reading henceforth frm u abt ur "little hero"

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...