18 February 2011

Early bird

I usually wake up by 5 am on weekdays. An early bird, you see!

The alarm goes off exactly at the time, when I feel like sleeping for “only” 5 more minutes. These extra 5 minutes seem like heaven. Anything which comes extra in life is usually desirable, isn’t it? I want to take the advantage of these 5 blissful minutes, but then my conscience pricks me and I get up from the bed quickly lest I succumb to those 5 minutes.

I do yoga and pranayaam for an hour and then I also walk for about 15-20 minutes in the terrace. Almost daily, I am busy in completing the walk as a chore and do not notice the serene and calm atmosphere around me.

But today, I happened to notice the green lush trees around my house. They appeared so very full and strong and hearty to me, waiting to embrace the golden rays of the sun. The blue sky was standing tall with a few white clouds here and there. The birds were preparing to leave home in search of food just as I was going to leave home in sometime for office.

The breeze was cool and I felt very calm and happy observing the nature around me. It is so rightly said that the environment around you has a great impact on your emotional and physical well-being.

We are so lost in our hectic and fast routine that we forget to take cognizance of small and beautiful things in the guise of nature around us. We just need 10 minutes out of our daily schedule to connect with our inner self and attain inner peace. When we are peaceful within, we need not fight for searching peace in external things.

I have decided to connect with myself through the nature everyday so that I can feel better, think better, plan better and execute better.

4 comments:

  1. >>> Anything which comes extra in life is usually desirable, isn’t it?
    That triggers me the extra Rs. 20 asked by the auto drivers :/

    But well written. Liked the perspective and the pure feelings. Keep up your postings. At least i will be a regular visitor for your page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i always try doing it connecting with nature,but end up being lethargic and going off to sleep for some more minutes.

    Oh but surely would make an effort now.connect with nature......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read 1 article someday ago, go slow or slow movement
    actually it is due to fast pace, which can't enjoy or live many precious moments & miss those, which will never come back
    seems u also had same experience other day

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...