25 April 2018

Life is a box of chocolates

You never know what life offers you, what a brand new day brings for you! The sun rises and sets every single day, but what you make of that entire time is your personal thing and you can either create wonders out of it or just let it pass by like an ordinary day. The past 2 weeks have been very magical for me and I am finally out of the "low" phase in my life. I decided not to be a victim of the games that my mind was playing on me and I moved ahead with a renewed vigor and strength.

I have a friend in Stuttgart, Ms. Anagha Mahajan. She is a very warm and charming person. She is a great listener and talks very sweetly. I can talk to her on any topic under the sun. I recently discovered that she is a painter and she has started painting very seriously from her home itself. Now that her son has grown up and is busy in his school and sport activities, she got time to re-discover her passion and she took to this art again. She has created a page on Facebook My Paintings Gallery. She did a few exhibitions and they were very well received. All her friends and family encourage her to do more work and she does every single painting with passion. Now comes the funny part. She is a great fan of my writing, of my blog. And I adore her for her painting abilities. I respect and envy any person who is a painter and who can paint faces and seasons and still life. Really! I have immense respect for all such super human beings! I am a very bad painter myself and hence you can imagine why this art means so much to me. Yes, so she offered me something which blew my mind off.

Finally after much coaxing, she created a blog of her paintings with the help of her techno savvy son. You can check out her blog at Passion Canvas where she has uploaded a few of her paintings that she plans to exhibit next week in Stuttgart too. For a wider audience and access, she created this blog and gave me the job to describe her paintings in my own words on her blog because according to her, I write very well. Can you imagine? I was going to write about her paintings! I was going to describe my own feelings and thoughts on every single painting of hers! What a confluence! What an idea, Anagha! I jumped at this offer and in 2 days straight, I wrote a few sentences about every single painting she has uploaded on the blog. I wrote some technical information for some paintings. For a few others, I just wrote what came into my mind at that very moment when I saw the painting. We mutually helped each other with our own skills and strengths and collaborated on something really close to her and my heart. I was so happy and overjoyed with this venture that it gave me a sense of achieving something.

Words and pictures depict an era, a thought, a life, a season, a moment and I have exactly tried to capture the very essence of her painting. I have sought help from a few websites for a few paintings (where I thought the information about certain God or art form has to be authentic) and I have written freely for few other paintings which depict a certain mood or a person. Please do visit her website, leave an encouraging word for her paintings, and also let me know how you like my writing. This is our first joint project and we plan to do similar projects in the future too.




3 comments:

  1. Wow ..this sounds so beautiful, lively, passionate.. Mruna way to go, infact i would say you are also a painter now, you filling the colors of words in Anagha's pictures which she couldn't and she painting your words with all the colors which you can't, a perfect combo gals ...#Passion #FriendshipGoals #GirlyLove ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully expressed Mruna. Well done on reigniting your passion. A weel written quote comes to my mind.. "The grass is greener where we water it." Keep watering and the grass will flourish. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great many thanks to your encouraging blog on creative work of last days. Your wonderful words about my painting gave a flair to my painting blog. I feel my painting are now wearing pearl ear rings of your annotations.... Needless to say you are a wonderful writer and I will always depend on you for all and every content.....Lets make and keep a team...😀🙏

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...