10 May 2017

Death beckons

What is that one thing which we all know is going to be faced by one and all who has come in this world? That ends our existence and begins a journey to that different world of souls and hell and heaven? Yes, it is death, which is feared by one and all. Though we all know we can't escape it, we want to be oblivious to the fact that one day we all have to go. In these past 2 months, I have got the bad news of my relative and my best friend's mom passing away. And it brought me to reality which I had tucked away in some corner of my mind.



The relative that I am talking about it is my mother-in-law's own younger sister. She was so full of life, always cheerful and cracking jokes and always positive towards life. She loved traveling and food. She loved having guests at home and making food for them. She told stories and narrated incidents in a very hilarious manner. Within one week she caught some infection and got high fever and she was gone. Fortunately, all her family members were with her in her last days and she was relieved of her pain and suffering. Her mother is still alive and I can only imagine what she must be going through when her daughter suddenly left like this. Everybody was in shock to comprehend what exactly happened and why she left like this in a jiffy? Her breaths were only these many on this earth and we had only this much association with her, I think.

My best friend's mom passed away in sleep after being operated for hip bone fracture. She was ill since many years. She had multiple problems and was in a good shape. She came back from the hospital and her family was trying to make her walk again, but she was not willing to. On Sunday night, she slept as usual and when she didn't wake up on Monday morning, they realized that she is already gone. No matter what how old we become, we would not like to lose our mother. She is the one who created and shaped us and when she leaves like this, the void is such that it can be never ever filled. My friend left for Mumbai immediately and we came to know about the demise later in the evening. Our group of friends were at loss of words, we were staring away in the distant. We had no idea how our dear friend and her sisters and her father must be coping with the loss. I just sent her a message on WhatsApp, had no courage to talk to her at that time. Maybe after a few days, I will be able to muster the courage and she would be normal by then.

Men find it more difficult to cope alone after wife's demise is what I have observed. I wish god give both the men strength to cope up with the death of the most important person in their life, who shared all these years with them and were a great support to them all this while. It must be feeling horrible to not find the person in the same house, in the same kitchen, in the same bed.

May the souls rest in peace!


2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to your feelings, Mrunalini!
    I still can't come to terms with the passing away of some of my loved ones!
    May the souls rest in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative, keep posting such sensible articles, it extremely helps to grasp regarding things.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...