05 June 2014

Happy birthday Aai!



My mother is my best friend.

I can talk to her about everything and anything. She is in general very enthusiastic about life and extremely positive spirited. She is a trekker and is extremely fit at the age of 59. She just celebrated her 59th birthday on 28th May and I had to make it special for my dearest aai.

The usual cake, flowers routine appeared boring to me. I happened to take help of the famous Indian online shopping portal Flipkart (www.flipkart.com) and found some amazing wrist watches there. My mom uses her old watch and hasn’t changed to new yet. So, gifting her wrist watch would be a great idea, I thought. I made the payment and selected for her a watch with black dial and golden belt. And I was informed that the gift would be delivered to her on 28th May, on the day of her birthday.

But as I had expected, the delivery happened the next day, 3 days before her birthday. Thankfully, dad took the parcel and kept with him and gave it to her only on 28th May. She was pleasantly surprised and happy to receive my gift, though I was sitting in Germany. She knows the magic of internet and what internet can do with just a click. She immediately wore that watch and carried it around with aplomb. I am sure, many friends and relatives must have called her to wish her and the menu that day must have been aamras, without any doubt. Being born in the month of May and into a family who had mango business, it is inevitable that she likes any other fruit than mango so dearly that she can’t imagine her birthday complete without eating one on that day.

Dear Aai, here’s wishing you a very happy birthday and lot of good health, trips treks, jewellery and saris and lots of laughter, cheerful and good times in the years to come. Next year, Tanay and I will be also there to take part in your birthday celebrations! Love ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...