18 January 2013

9 months

My baby is now 9 months old.


He is outside my womb for 9 months and he was inside my womb for 9 months. That is 18 months, almost a year and a half. Wow! The bonding with him started from the day I saw a small tiny dot throbbing with full vigor in the 12-13 week scan. I had tears in my eyes that day. From that tiny dot to a full blown baby in the next 9 months and after taking birth in my life, the journey from just lying there to the most current activity of trying to stand up and take steps has just been like a real life movie.

I did capture most of his moments on the camera once he took birth. His expressions, his eyes and the most innocent smile on this earth are the only things I can really remember. When I close my eyes, all I can see is his toothless smile which makes me forget every pain and sad moment. If at all I am sad and angry (which is very rare nowadays), I just think of him and the smile returns to my face. Children have this knack of making you smile when you least expect it. They do not have any prejudices or fears of any kind. My baby is so happy and playful when my maid and cook are around. He doesn’t differentiate between them and us when it comes to showering his love and attention. For him we all are same people and he plays with all of us with equal enthusiasm. He still doesn’t understand the concept of light and dark and sometimes merrily goes to the room to play with his favorite thing, even if the lights in that room are switched off. I will be very glad if this trend continues in future too. As a part of growing up, he now no longer wants to stay alone in a room, even if we leave him for a second to get some things for him. He immediately follows you and cries some sounds and stands up clinging to your dress. I fear that he may fall, which he sometimes does, but then it is all a part and parcel of growing up, isn’t it?

He now mutters a lot of sounds and is inquisitive about almost everything that comes in his way. First it goes into his mouth to taste it and then on the floor where he bangs it and sees how strong that thing is. He is not fussy about food, eats almost everything which we give him at home, but he has a liking towards sweet. Banana, apple, kheer with jaggery are his favorite. He gorges on all types of Cerelac items. He now tries to stand holding onto something and in the pursuit of doing many things at the same time often lands into trouble and falls down. But then some one or the other is around and so he is not hurt. I try to read him books and show him big objects in the book to catch his attention, but he hardly pays attention and does only what he wants to do. He loves to have his homeopathic medicines and almost reminds me to give them to him. He doesn’t have any teeth yet and he loves taking bath and lingering in the bathroom and kitchen.

I can go on and on about him the whole time. But this is so natural to a mother, isn't it?  

There are many more milestones to come in his and my life and I am very excited to see them happen!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the 18 months bonding with your adorable son.

    I am sure every subsequent month, going forward, would be an exciting milestone...

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...