22 August 2012

Exam blues

 
I was running from post to pillar searching for my answer papers.

I went up and down in the entire school building, but couldn't find my answer sheets. It was the day of results and one had to personally find their answer sheets from an entire ocean of thousands of students’ profiles. I started sweating profusely and tears welled up in my eyes. How is it possible that only my answer sheets went missing? I had done pretty well in the exams (I suppose!!). Then where have my answer sheets vanished? Did I write so bad that teachers did not even care to mark them? Questions and only questions were entering my mind, but couldn't find anyone who could solve my dilemma.

Somebody gave a deep sigh and I opened my eyes. My little boy, Tanay, was sleeping next to me and was blabbering something in his sleep. It was then I realized that I was lost in the dream station and my favourite place of getting lost - exams were the focal point.

It is almost 10 years that I gave my last exams. I passed MA with flying colours with a first class and after that I did not appear for any exams as such. Then why is that this exam thing haunts me even now? I was a fairly good student in academics, loved studying. That is the reason, I never got any close friends in college, girl friends found me too studious and boys thought I was boring. I did enjoy my college days in my own way, but did no bunking or lazing around in the canteen etc. I wanted to get a decent place in the social circle by getting a good job and salary and that is the reason, I always wanted to excel in studies. My parents were never bothered about ranks and percentages, but it so happened that in the college, I always stood first. The trend started from First year of Junior College and continued till MA 2nd year. So there was no connection of me dreaming about exams every time owing to being poor in studies.

I would like to meet some dream interpreter and check with that person what does dreaming about exams repeatedly means? Maybe it has some underlying meaning. It might be a signal about some forthcoming problem/adjustment in life, which I am made aware with the symbol of exams. I am a mother to 4 months old and have to take care of his entire routine with help from my family, of course. Now I will be traveling abroad to join my spouse, so that is going to be an entire new life and experience. This is just my interpretation, maybe it might not mean anything.

Do you have any recurrent dream theme? Would you like to share it here? 


1 comment:

  1. Hmm... You made me think about my dreams and what they mean. Dreams are such fascinating phenomena. Some say they are our sub conscious thoughts while others believe they are indications of the near future. Even I would like to consult a dream interpreter and understand my dreams.

    As for recurring dreams... I have one where I am being separated from something/someone dear... The other subject kept changing though.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...