09 June 2012

My first lessons

My little boy just turned 2 months old.

And it has been such a wonderful experience being with him all the time. Every day there are new things to be discovered about him and that makes him so adorable. Being such a tiny tot, he commands the time of all the adults in the house. I would rather say the whole house revolves around him and is busy to make him smile and comfortable and happy.

And I must mention here that my boy is a very happy soul, very cool and composed. He shares this trait with his dad, perhaps! He is having severe cough and cold from past 4 days, but not a single day is he irritated or sissy. The only time he becomes a little low was while drinking milk as he is coughing incessantly with every single sip of milk. But that lasts only for that moment. The next moment he is smiling to us and cooing. I find it really incredible. Such a maturity at this small age? I am not able to see him struggling during feeds, but he appears quite normal once the coughing stops. He did all his routine stuff like smiling to the fan, watching his great grandmother talk to him, cycling fast with his legs and playing boxing with his two tiny hands.

Tanay's approach to his problem left me thinking. How do big people react to small problems in their life, fuss about it and think that why are they targeted to face problems in their lives and how this 2 month old baby is reacting to a big problem in his life. (Big in the sense, I am talking with respect to his age. He had to be put on nebulizer as the cough was not reducing, which is quite normal nowadays.). Throughout the day, he is his cheerful self and brings joy to us with each passing moment. He now recognizes people well. Right now it is his mom, that is me, his aaba, that is my father and his paNji that is my grandmother. He also responds well to my maid and cook and listens them talk to him with keen interest. There is one more lesson to be learnt here. That is unconditional acceptance of people. No matter who you are, he smiles to you. His toothless smile bowls you over. He doesn't discriminate between his mom and the maid. We both talk to him and he responds equally to both of us which is so very cute. There is no difference between people in his life right now. Everybody is welcome in his world as long as you are talking to him and sharing the happenings with him. I am sure with this habit of listening people talk, he is going to pick up language fast and is going to be talkative, just like me!

How a small baby changes your world in a very positive way! One gets tons of patience in bringing the baby up and also gets educated in the bargain! I am looking forward to a few more lessons in the coming months!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...